Strategies in Sustainability
CONNECTING PURPOSES FOR PEOPLE TO LIVE LONGER AND BETTER
In 2020, Hypera Pharma conducted a materiality study detailed to define priority topics for the Company´s sustainability, referred to as, those with the highest potential to impact or being impacted by the Group.
|Highlight for those who accomplish
Focus on social development
|Caring for people
|Commitment to change
|Efficient environmental management
The Company develops its strategies based on its commitment to reducing environmental impacts, reaffirmed by its efficient environmental management.
- The Company is a signatory to the UN’s Global Compact. Every year it reaffirms its adherence to the Compact and presents the progress made, along with actions undertaken within human rights, labor, environmental and anti-corruption practices;
- Since 2018, publishes its emissions on Registro Público de Emissões;
- Since 2020, publishes its sustainability report with the Company’s GRI indicators.
In an effort to reduce the environmental footprint, Hypera Pharma works towards a culture of efficient use of inputs, resources, and equipment.
- To ensure minimum social and environmental impact of the operations, Hypera Pharma’s Group plants are located in controlled and industrial areas;
- The Company monitors, among many other actions, the handling of products and generation of hazardous waste, water consumption, generation of effluents and emission of Greenhouse Gases (GHG);
- The Hypera Pharma’s Group carries out the proper disposal in accordance with the regulations of the competent environmental bodies;
- The Company follows the recommendations of the TCFD (Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosure) and reports its emissions to the CDP (former Carbon Disclosure Project).
The focus is to care for people so that they can live longer and better. Hypera Pharma provides access to healthcare and invests in social projects in addition to maintaining a responsible operation.
- Hypera Pharma’s Group invests in social projects aligned with our priority Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs): Health and well-being (SDG 3), Drinking water and Sanitation (SDG 6) and Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure (SDG 9).
Hypera follows the best practices recommended by Instituto Brasileiro de Governança Corporativa (IBGC – Brazilian Institute of Corporate Governance), considering accountability, transparency, equity and coporate responsibility, fundamentals values to its business.
- Hypera Pharma is listed in the Brazilian Stock Exchange (B3) Novo Mercado, a highly differentiated standard in corporate governance in Brazil;
- The Company has 3 advisory committees to the Board of Directors and a Fiscal Council;
- 33% of the Board of Directors is independent, according to Novo Mercado criteria;
- 89% of the Board of Directors is independent according to SAM (DJSI) criteria;
- 22% of the Board of Directors is composed by women;
- 78% of the Board of Directors have relevant GICS level 1 industry experience;
- 100% attendance of the Board of Directors at meetings in 2020;
- Hypera Pharma has a Risk & Compliance department, with direct report to the CEO and the Statutory Audit Committee;
- Hypera Pharma has a 2-year maximum tenure for the members of the Board of Directors, with the right to re-election;
- Hypera Pharma offers 100% tag-along to shareholders.